Low Calorie Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Low Fat Breakfast Recipes
There are many reasons why people choose a low or very low calorie diet. Individuals believe that if they eat less, they would lose weight. This is only half true because this habit is not sufficient to reduce pounds. Diligent exercising and calorie control is also required to lose weight in a fast manner.
Low calorie breakfast recipes are required to show that we cut down calories from our diet and it should start from the breakfast. There are a number of low fat breakfast recipes but only a few would fulfil the individual's appetite and make him or her feel full and suppress his or her cravings.
Healthy low fat breakfast recipes
Egg and Salmon Sandwich
- Half a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- A tablespoon of finely chopped red onions
- Two large beaten egg whites
- A pinch of salt
- Half a teaspoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- An ounce of smoked salmon
- A slice of tomato
- A whole wheat English muffin, split and toasted
Oil is heated over medium heat in a small non-stick skillet. Onion is added and cooked while being stirred until it softens. The time duration till it softens should be about a minute. Egg whites, capers and salt is added and then cooked whilst stirring constantly until the whites are set for about thirty seconds. Layer the egg whites, smoked salmon and tomato on the muffin to make the sandwich.
Nutrition: Approximately provides two hundred and fourteen calories as intake to be burned.
Wake Up Smoothie
- One and quarter cup of orange juice which is calcium fortified
- A Banana
- One and quarter cup of frozen berries
- Half a cup of low fat silken tofu or low fat plain yogurt
- One tablespoon of sugar
Combine orange juice, banana, berries, tofu and sugar in a blender. Blend till the mixture turns creamy. Serve immediately.
Nutrition: Approximately provides a hundred and thirty nine calories as intake to be burned.
- Half a cup of fresh cranberries
- One fourth cup of all-purpose flour
- Two tablespoon plus two teaspoons of whole-wheat flour
- A tablespoon of yellow corn meal
- A tablespoon of sugar and half a teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt and ground nutmeg
- Six tablespoons of non-fat milk
- Two tablespoon of pasteurized egg substitute
- Walnut or canola oil
Two inches of water is brought to boil in a small saucepan. Add cranberries and boil for two minutes. Drain and cool for 5 minutes. Whisk the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl. Egg substitute vanilla, oil are whisked with milk and then combined. Cranberries are chopped and introduced into the mixture. Proceed to make the cake following the usual way from here on.
Nutrition: Approximately one hundred and eighty nine calories are provided for intake to be burned.
The above recipes are the best low calorie breakfast recipes for a healthy and filling morning snack.